At Ames & Gough, we work with our clients to develop comprehensive claims programs that address both pre- and post-loss issues. We provide the following services:
Pre-Loss Claims Planning Services - We work with our clients to:
- enhance their internal procedures and responsibilities for assessing whether there has been a "claim";
- maximize the use of any pre-claims assistance available for professional liability claims;
- develop customized claims reporting checklists;
- work with their insurers to prepare a pre-approved list of outside counsel where appropriate; and
- conduct training workshops to enhance our client’s understanding of coverages, claims preparedness, and claims pitfalls.
Post-Loss Claims Management Services - We guide our clients through all facets of the claims process immediately after an event to:
- ensure implementation of and adherence to the client’s internal and the insurer’s external claims-handling procedures;
- counsel clients on coverage limitations and requirements;
- manage timely notice and acknowledgement of claims;
- advocate on behalf of our clients, including assistance in resolving claims disputes;
- advise our clients on approaches and methodologies of measuring and documenting all components of loss and assembling the corresponding claim submission;
- assist our clients with the negotiation strategy for proceeding with the claim presentation and settlement process; and
- support timely collection of settlement monies from insurers.
24-Hour Emergency Claims Reporting - Because claims do not always happen at a convenient time, we provide you with the ability to contact us at any time: days, nights, weekends, and holidays. If you become aware of a claim, please contact us as follows:
- During normal business hours, please contact the office and representative of Ames & Gough where your business is normally handled.
- In the event you have a claim situation requiring immediate attention after hours, please contact the appropriate insurance company claims department (typically via toll free 800 number) or contact any of the following Ames & Gough professionals:
- Dan Knise, President & Partner: (202) 236-2909
- Mike Heatwole, Partner: (703) 863-9227
- Mike Herlihy, Partner: (508) 769-0906