Building on our leadership team’s considerable construction-related expertise, Ames & Gough has developed a specialty practice in working with state departments of transportation, governmental entities and agencies on risk and insurance issues related to their construction projects, including public-private partnerships (P3).
We provide a full range of insurance, surety, and risk management services that public entities require for successful construction projects. The deep experience of our professionals in all areas of public sector construction enables us to work efficiently on behalf of our clients and to provide cost-effective advice and counsel. Ames & Gough provides a wide range of critical risk and insurance services for P3 client engagements, including:
- Identify and assess insurable risk and performance security exposures, mitigation opportunities, scope and viability of insurance or surety/LOCs
- Assist with risk allocation, including the assignment and creation of a project-specific risk matrix
- Advise on performance security (in conjunction with legal counsel) and insurance requirements for the construction and operations and maintenance phases of the project, including drafting provisions as needed
- Determine availability of required insurance coverages and obtain estimated pricing
- Identify potential gaps in performance security and insurance coverage, and suggest treatment of residual exposures, including potential recovery sources (e.g., FEMA)
- Assist with negotiations on insurance and performance security with proposer and DB contractors and advisors
- Review and advise on various contract provisions that may impact insurance and risk (e.g., force majeure and indemnification)
- Assist with municipality, county and other entity concerns, and develop appropriate insurance/risk shifting approaches
- Review contractor and developer proposed and actual insurance policy wording for compliance
- Review and advise on insurance provisions in financing documents
- Provide assistance on complex surety and performance security issues with regard to bond forms and expedited dispute resolution
Let Ames & Gough help you today by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.