Ames & Gough's service philosophy is based on:
Our concentration of industry expertise enables Ames & Gough to better understand and manage clients' risks. We serve only five industries: law firms, architects and engineers, contractors and construction professionals, consultants, and professional associations and not-for-profits. Our staff has, on a combined basis, more than 150 years of professional liability and risk management experience.
A Commitment to CLIENT FIRST Service
This commitment is evidenced in various ways including:
- Senior Partner Involvement With Day-To-Day Client Service - Our senior partners spend more than 90 percent of their time providing service to clients and less than 10 percent of their time managing. Large clients have at least two senior partners assigned to them, ensuring that someone is always available.
- Strategic Advice - Our clients appreciate Ames & Gough's focus on advising and not selling. We provide insightful insurance program and risk management advice that enables our clients to improve profits and enhance asset protection.
- Partnership and Client Advocacy - We work to develop mutually beneficial relationships with our clients and take our role as YOUR broker seriously. We do not take contingent (incentive) commissions and none of our personnel are paid on a commission basis. Our senior partners are experienced negotiators who aggressively negotiate the best deals for our clients, all the while maintaining a reputation for fairness and integrity with insurers.
- Responsiveness - We are committed to being available when you need us. Structurally we have no geographic or other artificial constraints that prevent any of our experts from working on your behalf. We always have two senior partners assigned to every client and endeavor to have a "live" person answer every telephone call. There is a difference with Ames & Gough—the team that sells you is the team that services you!
- Get the Details Right - Ames & Gough puts a high premium on error free work. We believe this is a realistic goal due to low staff turnover, a highly technical focus, processes that require double checking work, and senior partners' daily involvement with our clients' work product.
We offer a simple business proposition: A team of quality people with significant professional liability and industry-specific experience; who are focused on providing sound advice and becoming a long-term partner for our clients.